December Update

Keep making it smaller


When working on a large scale project it's easy for me to spend too much time working on stuff that isn't chronological or leading to the development of the next deliverable. I have to constantly refocus myself and reprioritize what I'm working on. The SAGE demo was a great exercise in forcing myself to focus on a deliverable.

This month, I'm focusing myself again, as much as possible, on just getting the first mission of the game done. The first mission will be a bit of a microcosm of the game. This should be extremely engaging, useful for my own play testing, but also intimidating for the amount of content I'll need to get done and polished. The first mission will allow you to play as every main character (Sonic, Sally, Rotor, Bunny, and Antoine) and will have puzzles, stealth, battles, and a segment of the level that really nicely utilizes Sonic's speed.

I am really trying to invest in this first mission, and I would like to share this experience with you all as soon as possible, so keep an eye out because I plan to release this first mission as a teaser demo for chapter 1!

Comments

Popular Posts