Project Management

Planning it out



I just realized that I don't have much time left in the month of August, so my wife, who is very project manager-y, helped me plan out the next few weeks of work needed to complete this project!



My wife taught me that the trick for this kind of waterfall planning is to start backwards from your deadline, so here it is:


September 20th - Entry deadline

September 19th - Demo should be complete and ready to submit

    {{Last minute polish, box art, bug fixing}}
    
September 12th - Code complete, remaining time for bug fixing and non-code polish (art, sound)

    {{Polish, add cut scenes, demo trailer, bug fixing}}

September 6th - Finish programming, art, and design for level maps

    {{Build maps, tweak battles/stats}}

August 31st - Finish programming, art, and design for all three playable characters (Sonic, Sally, Bunny)

    {{Polish char animations, create a battle skill for Bunny}}

August 27th - Today


Making good progress so far!

Comments

Popular Posts